Share Info

20 September 2011

Why the Charlie Sheen roast isn't worth watching

Comedy Central airs its Charlie Sheen roast Monday night, and I for one, will not be watching. I'm not taking some sort of stand against the concept as a whole -- sure these roasts can be unkind but they tend to be fun. And even at their most uncouth, there does tend to be some benefit to the jokes –- roasting of a celeb can double as a clinic for comedy writing. And please, Sheen fans (if you're still out there?), let's be clear: I'm not calling for a complete boycott, either.

Charlie Sheen speaks onstage during the Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday night.

Instead, I'm just sending to the universe a message that I'll be putting my time to some better use. The whole crazy-Charlie thing is just so tired, and so over.

Sunday night's cameo at the Emmy awards is a prime example of why the spotlight needs to be fixed on anyone other than Sheen. At this point, and especially after Sheen last week made the mea culpa rounds on television, the novelty of wondering what he might do next has really worn off. At best, his appearance comes off as a little sad and at worst, seeing Sheen onstage these days leaves a really awkward aftertaste.

Charlie Sheen will have his comeback, though it's not going to happen if he NEVER GOES AWAY. He's cut back on Twitter, and that helps, but cut back on putting yourself on camera, Charlie. I'm usually the first to admit that the best way to ingratiate yourself with an audience is to be able to make fun of yourself. But in the case of the roast, the timing is off -- we lived out the era of Adonis DNA in real time, and again and again (and again) on every late night show -- this is all happening way too late.

When Sheen really goes away for a while for real, and then returns with a new project, I'll watch. I believe the guy is good, and I believe in a comeback. This just certainly isn't it.

I want to hear what you think. Will you watch? Leave me a note in the comments.

[Source : scoop.today.com]

0 Comment:

Post a Comment

Silahkan anda meninggalkan komentar yang tidak berbau SARA

Link Exchange

Copy kode di bawah ke blog sobat, saya akan linkback secepatnya

Berbagi Informasi

Sport

Translate

Blog Archive

Pageviews last month